Please note refer to these policies if you have any questions regarding our service.
You’re invited to visit our catering office, located at the FAU stadium near gate 6. Orders may also be placed through our online catering system at www.fau.catertrax.com or you may contact our Catering Department at 561-297-3548 and speak to our Assistant director of Catering. When placing your order, please provide us with your name, department or organization, phone, type of event, time, location, purchase order number or other form of payment, menu interests, number of guests and time your event will end.
When you place your order, you will receive an agreement for your review. This agreement contains a summary of your order, and an agreement number to which you will refer to when making any changes. If no changes need to be made, then your need to call or email the catering department to confirm your event.
All cancellations should be made 72 hours prior to the catered event.
- Orders received within 12 hours of the event will be subject to a late charge.
- 50% of event cost will be charged if order is cancelled within 48 hours of the event date.
- 100% of event cost will be charged if order is cancelled the day of the event.
- Guaranteed number of guests or any adjustments to the order should be finalized 72 hours prior to the catered event.
A 50% deposit will be charged for all outside client for each event booked with us.
- University departments will be invoiced during the week of the event.
You will receive an invoice through campus mail.
- Student organizations, groups and clubs will be required to provide a P.O. prior to the event.
- 7% taxes will be added to all orders unless a tax certificate of exception is supplied.
- Non-University organizations are required to pay a deposit upon booking, and secure payment 72 hours prior to event date.
- Late Charges will be assessed for clients with pending invoices.
- Any department/client that owes monies from previous dates must process all payment prior to any new events to take place. There will be no exceptions.
- FAU dining services Controller can provide you with list of any outstanding invoices.
Alcoholic beverages may be served at your events upon satisfaction of state laws and University policies. State of Florida Law states that student funds of any kind CANNOT be used to pay for alcohol.
A Corkage fee of $4.95 per bottle will be applied when supplying donated wine or spirits.
- Staff will be provided for a minimum of4 hours per event.
- Any plated or buffet event with a guest count of 25 or more requires the assistance of an attendant in Captain attire.
- Action Stations & Carving Stations will require a Chef for a fee of $100
- “Gold Service” / Plated events may require the assistance of a dishwasher.
All food will be served at proper temperatures as required by the Florida Department of Health. Any leftover food remains the property of FAU Catering services to ensure that all food is handled properly and transported in the manner required by law.
-FAU Catering services is not responsible for supplying of tables or trash receptacles for your event *. The Student Union or Physical plant are the appropriate contacts to fulfill these needs. *Tables should be no bigger than six feet, unless approved
- Client must coordinate how many tables are needed for the event & communicate with FAU Catering services.
- Customer is responsible for any broken or missing products.
- If a food waiver is needed, you must turn in a copy of the approved waiver from Business Service to the FAU Catering services department.
- Client must provide with on-site sponsor signage and valid letters of donation for any donated products.
- All pizza orders will be processed through Papa John’s Pizza
- Orders for pick up may require a weekend or late night fee.
- Linen charges apply for any additional tables besides the buffet tables when client limits service level to “Silver Service” or “Gold Service”.
a. Standard white linen napkins: - 35 cents.
b. Standard White Linen 52x114 - $6 each
85x85d - $6 each
c. Linens and Navy skirting $25 per table.
d. Gold Service includes all guest tables, but will not include any additional tables (e.i: awards, plaques, donated food)
. THIS BOOKLET IS A SAMPLE MENU TO PROVIDE YOU WITH IDEAS FOR YOUR EVENT, CALL OUR CATERING REPRESENTATIVE IF YOU WISH TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR ORDERS*